Friday

Children's Snuggie Pattern

So I finally got all the gifts mailed today for daughter, hubby and five grandkids in Ohio.

Now I have get two snuggies made for the two grand daughters that live with me.  They got out of school today for the holiday's (can't believe they are out now through Jan 4th!).  But to save the day, their Dad is taking them to work with him on Monday and Tuesday!  Yeah!

I have the fleece fabric, pink and hearts and more pink, both are divas you know! Then I went on a search of the internet for a pattern and actually found one I will be using.  Free Child's Snuggie Pattern

 I got the pieces cutout today before they got home from school and will start sewing on Monday after they are gone.  The pattern is very simple and since I am using fleece I will not need to hem the fabric.  

It is basically just two steps of sewing.  Seam the arms and pin and sew to the armholes.  You can leave it open or use velcro to close the back.  I will leave it open and let them just wrap it around their bodies.  I suspect it will be a little too big anyway and I may need to trim the length and maybe roll the sleeves and unroll as they grow.

Will try to get some pictures taken of the project on Monday to share.



Oh, yes, I did see an actual pattern from McCalls for making snuggies also but I like the freebie!

No comments: