I will be coordinating the Central Texas area for the Texas Artfire Guild.
This is an invite for all present members to contact me with any ideas/suggestions for local networking together to present/sell our handmade products.
This is also an invite to all artists/craftsmen/suppliers and anyone who hand makes items to contact me if you would be interested in being a part of a local networking group. You do not have be a member of Texas Artfire Guild to participate.
At the present time we are including the following areas in the Central area:
and all surrounding areas.
Here are the other Guild areas:
Southeast - greater Houston area
North - greater Dallas/Ft Worth area
South - greater Corpus Christi and possibly deep south area
West - greater El Paso area
Panhandle - greater Amarillo/Lubbock area
If you are in any of these areas you can contact Heather at Texas Artfire Guild Blog for the contact in your area.
Visit our blog and see how Heather put together a successful show in Houston.
These are some of Heather's ideas:
- Start our own craft shows at local apt complexes where members live
- Jewelry repair/alteration at retirement/disabled/normal apt complexes
- Destash/trade parties at local TA members homes or neutral locations
- Continue to expand to Terrace locations (my original intent)
- Network with each other to find low cost established local craft shows
- Purchase needed supplies in large bulk orders and split the cost with local members to save
If you know of any places, i.e. businesses, apartment complexes, Assisted Living apartments, etc in Central Texas that would like to have us offer our hand made items please contact me by leaving a comment with contact info or just email me directly.
I will be putting together a list of the different types of items available in our Central Texas Artfire Guild and emailing each present member for feedback.