Wednesday

What Are You Working On This Week?

I recently finished two items for my Artfire shop, Homespun Alley,

We recently dropped our land line and are using our cell phones to help cut cost since my son-in-law lost his job.  I found it really frustrating trying to carry my cell phone from room to room along with both hands full of other items (putting clothes away, carrying a drink and books to my bedroom, etc) so I decided to design and sew a Smartphone/IPhone Necklace/Pendant to hold the phone while carrying other items.




 I decided to make this a made-to-order or custom item in my shop.  I can change the size to fit your phone and use the same material or you can let me know your color choices and I can offer pictures of sample fabrics for you to chose from.  

The "strap" on my pendant is a thin satin cord but I can make it with a wider strap of different type fabric if you prefer.

My phone weights 5 oz so I wanted fabric and strap to be as lightweight as possible so I made this one from a lightweight olive green fabric called Green Rose Crinkle Tissue (a yard of this fabric retails for $24.99, but I got it on sale).  The lining is an olive green rayon with interfacing to give just the right sturdiness.


My second finished item is a repurposed Canvas Purse/Clutch that I found at an estate sale.  


I added gold colored grommets on each side and put a narrow leopard-look silk scrap through the grommets and tied them to make the strap.


The strap can be pulled into the bag when using as a wallet so the strap is inside and not on the outside.


As you can see the zippered webbing pocket can hold a Smartphone/IPhone or other items of your choice.  The zippered pocket just above the phone pocket has it's depth to the bottom of the webbed section.  The main zipper at the very top has a depth of 8 1/4"Fully open it measures 8 1/4" x 6 3/4". 


 On the back I added gold colored magnetic snaps so you can snap together and have a wallet that fits inside a larger purse.



You can leave the strap out and carry or pull and stuff inside for a hand clutch.  This is a very versatile purse/wallet/clutch.

1 comment:

Shanno's Country Chic said...

What a great idea! Functional and fashionable! :)